Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Me and the Worm

Well, life got in the way last night to any postings.  My lovely wife asked me to make sure her computer was protected from the April Fool's Day Worm.  I started looking into the problem around 8:00 PM and found that the system wouldn't install one of the files from Microsoft's update website.

Today I have to ask myself:

"Why did I spend all of my waking time last night trying to safeguard my wife's computer?"

Apparently the April Fool's Day Worm was a whimper and hardly did anything.  All this worry and no bite.  I guess it was better to safeguard against it, but after I'm disappointed nothing happened seeing that I was up until almost midnight making sure the Microsoft path would install properly.

Did anyone have any issues with their PCs today?  Do you know anyone that was effected by the April Fool's Day Word?  As far as I know, no major effects were seen due to this nasty worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment