Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fancy Cat

Every once in a while when I'm outside I have the pleasure of seeing my neighbor wheeling her cats around in a cat stroller.  This can only lead me to say:

"WHAT?"

Let me say it again, what?  What the hell is going on here?  Are we in that messed up of a society that pets deserve this type of pampering?  I guess you could jump to the other end of the spectrum and ask how anyone could be so awful to abuse a pet.

Either way, I've got to think that the concept of cat strollers is way out in left field.

What is your take on treating your pets like "Fancy Cats"?  Have you ever gone out of your way to treat your pets in a special way that is above and beyond the normal animal care?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot let this one go since the visual image is so hilarious and the facts are so sad. I really believe that for more and more middle to upper class American people, animals are replacing children as the primary focus of dedication and caregiving in their lives. They get the satisfaction of nurturing something and having a companion/"family member" but they can just throw the thing in a cage if they want to do a cruise. Plus, you don't have to send a cat to college--yet. There are luxury dog hotels. There is an establishment that will assist your dog in recording a record (for a ridiculous price). There is dog acupuncture. Come on, people. Animals are great and can bring joy to a person or family, but this is out of control! Get your damn cat out of the stroller.

    ReplyDelete