Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Cell Phone Etiquette

I always see people using their cell phones while pumping gas at the gas station and I always look at the sign posted on the gas pump that reads no use of electronic devices around the pumps.  This leads me to ask:

"Do these people think they are above the law?"

I guess the may reason the pumps say not to use electronic devices while pumping gas is on the off chance that an electrical charge sparks the fumes from the gas pump.  The odds of this must be extremely slim or I would see people catching themselves on fire every time I fill up one of my vehicles.

Given that the odds are slim, I can understand that most people are likely to ignore the sign that says not to use electronic devices while pumping gas.  This however, is certainly not fair to the other drivers at the pump.  It's one thing to take responsibility of our own actions with regards to safety, but it is unfair to risk the safety of the other customers at the gas station.

Ultimately, this leads me to go back to my standard cell phone question:

"Do you always have to be on the cell phone?  Can't you just put the phone down for one minute and enjoy life as it should be enjoyed? "

All this being said, have any of you ever witnessed anyone catching on fire or starting a fire from using their cell phone while pumping gas?  Isn't it more of a burden to "always be connected"?  Just put the phone down for one minute and let life be.

No comments:

Post a Comment