Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two for one day - Thinking about next year.

Back in 1999 everyone was worried about the Y2K bug and I was thinking about how odd it would be to say "2000" instead of something like "I graduated in 96."

Well, once we got into year 2000, this thought faded rather quickly and thoughts of what would we call the other years of the decade soon followed.  Somehow we transitioned nicely into saying things like, "oh went to the Caribbean back in 'oh' 5."  This brings me to my second question of the day:

"How are we going to reference the year 2010?"

Recently I heard someone say that their friend is graduating in 'oh' 10.  Somehow I don't think this is the proper name for 2010, but saying 10 doesn't really make sense either.

How do you think we are going to reference the year 2010?  Does it make sense to say, "I will graduate in 10?"  This to me just sounds silly.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment